Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions

From: Van L
Subject: Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 16:49:08 +1000

> Stefan Monnier writes:
>
> A kind of "custom-theme" for that would be great, but currently
> custom-themes don't work well for that since they can't really provide
> key-bindings.

There could be money to be made selling the perfect Emacs physical keyboard
with key-binding-themes included, like those stealthy gamer’s keyboards but for
programmers and readers.

I switch between the smaller Apple keyboard and fullsize Thinkpad keyboard,
both are without the numpad, and I really dislike:

1. typing C-x ; smallest left finger on `caps lock’ ; middle finger on x

2. the four extremely tiny arrow keys and the inverted T configuration