Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 14:35:23 +0100

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 07:34:48PM +0700, Siraphob (Ben) Phipathananunth wrote:
> Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
>
> > I'd prefer binding these to a function that changes the font size on
> > the whole frame, rather than just the current buffer.
>
> This is exactly what I do in my init file:
> https://github.com/siraben/dotfiles/blob/master/emacs/.emacs.d/modules/siraben-fonts.el
>
> Specifically, this is done by using `set-frame-font' which means elements
> such as the mode line are enlarged as well. Note that I am binding the font
> size changes to C-+, C-- and C-=, but it could easily be done with s-+, s--
> and s-= respectively.
>
> I don't see any conflicting key bindings with macOS. What are other
> maintainers' thoughts on this?

I’m no longer sure if we’re talking about just binding these keys on
the NS port or generally, but if it’s just the NS port then I have no
problem with either option. Resizing everything seems to match up most
closely with the other apps I use, but I’m not a heavy user of macOS
specific apps, so I can’t say whether it would be expected behaviour
or not.

--
Alan Third