Re: Inclusion of XDG Base Directory library

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Inclusion of XDG Base Directory library
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 15:26:53 +0300

> From: Francisco Miguel Colaço <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 09:26:36 +0100
>
>   Friends,
>
>   I have set a public github repository at:
>
>     https://github.com/francisco-colaco/user-directories
>
>   Please feel free to contribute there or to raise issues.

The code calls windows-shell-folder, but I cannot find that function
anywhere.  What did I miss?

The environment variable LOCALAPPDATA is not defined on my system.
Why do we need it?

I also think we need not override the code which already computes
where to place the temporary directory.

On GNU/Linux, this calls an external program; can we avoid that?

Thanks.