Re: Musings on creating an HTML-based WYSIWYG mode

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Musings on creating an HTML-based WYSIWYG mode
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 11:22:44 +0200

On Tue, May 01 2018, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
The vast majority of text out there on the web is produced in a WYSIWYG editor of some kind or another, for instance the JS-based editor in Wordpress or any of a number of editors inside other CMS systems.

Yes... I'm running into this right now with Moodle, which has these text fields that don't work very well with plugins like "Edit with Emacs", because the underlying content is HTML. That's to say, it does work, but instead of the text you see the underlying HTML, which I don't really like to edit. If in those cases I could turn on your hypothetical WYSIWYG mode, that'd be great. :-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments