Re: Issue customizing package-user-dir in emacs -Q session [emacs 27.x]

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Issue customizing package-user-dir in emacs -Q session [emacs 27.x]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 15:39:20 +0000

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:

The problem is that that approach does not work on emacs 27.x

Sorry, I did that again.. By "does not work", I mean that on emacs 27.x, make vcheck gets stuck at the package installation step (where the packages should get installed to package-user-dir). So I had to kill make vcheck as nothing was happening:

> make vcheck
Emacs binary used: emacs
Emacs is now refreshing its package database...
Importing package-keyring.gpg...
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: orgmode.org:443
Contacting host: orgmode.org:443
Contacting host: melpa.org:443
Contacting host: melpa.org:443
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443
Package refresh done
Installing ‘org-plus-contrib’ ..
Setting ‘package-selected-packages’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would overwrite customizations
Setting ‘package-selected-packages’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would overwrite customizations
Contacting host: orgmode.org:443
^Cmake: *** [Makefile:83: vcheck] Error 2

Back on emacs 26 branch, I get:

> make vcheck
Emacs binary used: emacs
[Version check] Emacs 26.0.91