Re: Generation of tags for the current project on the fly

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Generation of tags for the current project on the fly
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:57:39 -0700

Dmitry> 3. 'lib-src/etags src/category.c -u -o TAGS' results in having only
Dmitry> that file's tags inside TAGS (before, it contained the entries for all
Dmitry> .c files). This behavior contradicts the help and stops the rest of my
Dmitry> testing in its tracks.

Another bug on my part, I think I've fixed it now.

The next question for you is how you want it to work.

Right now there are two modes:

* The old mode (but with the possibility of -u)
* --find mode -- which implies -u.  The .etags file is only read in find
  mode.

My idea for this code was to use locate-dominating-file to find the
.etags file and just run "etags --find" from there on save.

However I know you'd like to use git ls-files, and maybe other things --
you mentioned correctly handling file deletions.

Tom