Re: set-frame-parameter a child-frame's 'parent-frame error on macOS ?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: set-frame-parameter a child-frame's 'parent-frame error on macOS ?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:07:23 +0300

On 1/15/18 12:38 PM, martin rudalics wrote:
Still not much luck with the video.  I'm told that my video driver
accelerators do not support the resolution 1854x2110 so they are
deactivated.  The result is that I see all sorts of artefacts.

Might software rendering work, then? The way to use it depends on the video player, etc.

Anyway, it seems that the "good" frame appears around 00:34 and its
"bad" double around 00:35 of the video.  Is that correct?  If so,
please post simple screencaps with the corresponding timings.

I've sent a scaled-down video, hopefully it works. Not sure what you are looking for on the screenshots, though. I can try describing them with text.

And
also please resolve the discrepancy with what Feng Shu says here:

   when I want to show company-child-frame-menu at <position>, I support
  this position is (20, 50), but before show menu about 0.1s, this menu will be showed
   at positon (10, 25), and dispear and then show at position (20, 50),
   this is so fast, let menu look flicker.

namely that the bad frame appears first.

That is the description of my experience with Robert's patch applied. Without it applied, the "bad frame" appears last (at position 40-100, approximately).

Feng Shu has changed his code since to call set-frame-position much less often, and it seems to work correctly *without* Robert's patch. Quite weird.