Re: set-frame-parameter a child-frame's 'parent-frame error on macOS ?

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: set-frame-parameter a child-frame's 'parent-frame error on macOS ?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:59:17 +0800

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> Still not much luck with the video.  I'm told that my video driver
> accelerators do not support the resolution 1854x2110 so they are
> deactivated.  The result is that I see all sorts of artefacts.
>
> Anyway, it seems that the "good" frame appears around 00:34 and its
> "bad" double around 00:35 of the video.  Is that correct?  If so,
> please post simple screencaps with the corresponding timings.  And
> also please resolve the discrepancy with what Feng Shu says here:
>
>   when I want to show company-child-frame-menu at <position>, I support
>   this position is (20, 50), but before show menu about 0.1s, this menu will
> be showed
>   at positon (10, 25), and dispear and then show at position (20, 50),
>   this is so fast, let menu look flicker.
>
> namely that the bad frame appears first.
>
>> Correction: without that patch, the first (momentary) position is
>> where the popup should be, and the second one is at 2x the necessary
>> vertical coordinate.
>
> Yet another hint that someone tries to position the frame twice.

The problem seem to be resolved when I update company-childframe.

The change is that let set-frame-position run when needed
instead every time.

Dmitry Gutov's machine can work well without DiDPI patch :-)

Are there bug when run multi set-frame-position on the
same position? I do not know, and are testing.

https://github.com/tumashu/company-childframe/issues/2