Re: Should mode commands be idempotent?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should mode commands be idempotent?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 20:36:32 -0400

> I'm in favor of good conventions that are explained well.
> I'm not yet convinced that what is being talked about
> here is a good user convention.

It seems the general consensus in this discussion is that it might
indeed be a good convention. Since you disagree, maybe you could give us
some concrete arguments about why it might be desirable for
a minor/major mode to be non-idempotent.

        Stefan "who feels like he asked already but still hasn't heard
                any answer"