Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 25.3 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 25.3 released
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 17:34:26 +0300

> From: Nicolas Petton <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:40:23 +0200
>
> > It's all about trust.  And especially in the context of security, trust
> > is the most important thing.
>
> First, if I'm not being trusted with the release tarballs, somebody else
> can build them next time.

I trust you, Nicolas.

An important aspect of free software that people tend to forget is
that whoever does the job gets to choose the tools, and as long as the
end result is good (and in this case it is more than that), that's
their prerogative.  Letting someone do important job, let alone
service to the community, and then criticizing them for the tools
they've chosen, is at least unfair.

Nicolas volunteered for the job when no one else would.  Let's be
grateful, and let's see the 99% full part of the glass.  If we don't
support our volunteers, we have no future.