Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)

From: angelo . g0
Subject: Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 10:24:09 +0200 (CEST)

> > Do you like the idea of Emacs modifying the user's init-file
> > automatically, even if it already exists? If not, then do you agree
> > that my proposal at least reduces the problem?
>
> I don't like either of these, but again, I see no significant
> improvement, if at all.

As simple user, I hope you do not proliferate the number of initialization
files.

If someone remember, I already flagged that the silently modification of
init.el is not good but adding another file is even worse; in that discussion
there was the suggestion to add this to init.el:

  (setq custom-file "~/.emacs.d/custom.el")
  (load custom-file)

and now everything is under control..

BTW, Emacs works also without the information saved in the init.el or custom.el
files...

Ciao,
  Angelo.