Re: Why does make run git?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Why does make run git?
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 15:15:56 +0000

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:11 AM Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
That's true. However, these are only guidelines, and it's not a huge tragedy if
the guidelines are occasionally violated.

> Perhaps there should be a function in Emacs that does this, and some
> VC commands could call it.

That would be nice. However, some developers don't use Emacs VC to check in (I
typically use vc-dwim instead), and so it's good to have Git check things as well.

+1. I don't use Emacs VC and I actually like the checks make is doing at the moment.
--

Kaushal Modi