Re: GitLab CI setup file in scratch/tzz/gitlab

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: GitLab CI setup file in scratch/tzz/gitlab
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 21:53:09 -0400

On Thu, 18 May 2017 21:19:36 -0400 Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Thanks for the offer, but it would not be feasible for anyone to
> help me deal with git while communicating by email.  We would need
> to be in the same room.

Although I can't be in the same room as you, I'm sure getting someone
else to you in Cambridge to tutor you through it would be
straightforward.

> As for magit, we don't have legal papers to include it in Emacs,
> so please don't encourage poeple to use it.

I'm curious as to why. It is GPL, even GPLv3. Given that it is free
software, is there a good reason why one should discourage use of
it?

> To keep Emacs honest, we must promote the tools we can include in
> Emacs.  If those seem insufficient, then we should improve them.
> Perhaps that includes replacing magit (if we can't get papers for
> magit).

Has it been tried?

Perry
--