Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 18:27:58 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 00:12:41 +0900
>
> Ok, I have something that works here. I'm attaching a diff. Let me know if
> that is satisfactory.

Thanks.  A few nits:

> +(defun ns-open-file-service (filepaths)
> +  "Opens multiple files at once when a multiline string is selected."

"Open", not "Opens", to be consistent with our style of writing the
first sentence of a function's doc string.

Also, the first sentence of the doc string should reference the
argument(s).  (If that makes the first sentence too long, tell only
the most important summary in it, and leave the rest for the following
sentences.)

> +  (let ((path_list (split-string filepaths "[\n\r]+")))
> +    (dolist (path_string path_list)
> +      (if (not (equal "" path_string))

The GNU project frowns on using "path" for anything except PATH-style
lists of directories.  So please use "filename" or "file-name" etc. in
this function, instead of "path" in "filepaths", "path_list", and
"path_string".

> +       (dnd-open-file
> +           ;; The path string is timmed for spaces, nbsp and tabs.
                                    ^^^^^^
A typo.

Also, please include a ChangeLog-style commit log message with the
patch (detailed instructions are in CONTRIBUTE).

(I cannot test the patch, but I trust that you and others already
did.)

Thanks again for working on this.