Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:19:07 -0400

On Apr 3, 2017, at 12:15, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2017, at 04:40, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 31, 2017, at 02:57, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> This fixes the problem, and Emacs now starts OK, so the abbrevs issue
>>> is also solved.
>>
>> Great!
>>
>>> I think you should push all the changes you asked me to apply as
>>> patches.
>>
>> Will do, probably this weekend.
>
> Looks like the abbrev change isn’t actually working right… I got the quoting
> wrong, so the abbrev tables are constructed as (mostly) proper abbrev tables,
> and in the right order, but the “:parent” properties are bad. Working on
> fixing it up….

I’ve finally gotten what I think is a fixed version pushed to the branch, which
should get the parent links right between abbrev tables.

It’s also got a fix to a problem I keep hitting doing parallel bootstrap
builds.  (I goofed slightly on the log message though, got the name of the temp
file wrong.)  I like to try to do bootstrap builds when testing and before
pushing changes, so hopefully future fixes won’t be so tediously slow to check.

I’m still cleaning up my list of open issues, and will probably check that in
in the branch’s admin/notes directory.

Ken