Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 14:35:16 -0400

On Apr 3, 2017, at 12:57, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, Ken.
>

> I, for one, am feeling enthusiastic about this new way of building Emacs,
> and am looking forward to trying it out in the near future.
>
> Thanks for a great job almost finished!

Just making sure credit goes where it’s due:  Stefan did great work on the key
piece, processing the Lisp environment for dumping as Lisp.  I’ve tried to
improve the Lisp reader performance a bit, and fix up a couple minor bugs here
and there, and maybe put a little polish on it.

Despite a few little speed-ups, I’ve got my doubts as to whether it’s going to
be fast enough.  The .elc files are still (essentially) Lisp, and parsing text
is not the most efficient way to load a bunch of object definitions.

Ken