Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:50:49 +0900 (JST)

>> My environment with one-click 75-lines is show below.
>>  - Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX
>>  - MacOS 10.9.5
>>  - Logitech Control Center 3.9.0.
>>    - Speed: Slow
>>    - Acceleration: Middle
>>
>> Its wheel is similar to Logitech Performance MX mouse as described by
>> Kaushal.  It seems that `one-click' on the device generates several
>> `typical one-click’ considering velocity.
>
> Isn't it expected that such special mice need non-default
> customizations of the related Emacs features?  IOW, why non-default
> values that give good results for these mice would be good for the
> rest of the users, _as_defaults_?

(1) Mouse

I did not notice if I am using special since that works well with
other applications.  Regardless of my understanding, it took 3 years
to find how to teak.  It is good to have the tips in Info to scroll
less.

(2) Touchpad and Trackbar

Using touchpad or trackbar on laptop computers, I think that defaults
scroll too fast, especially by trackbar.  Don't you think so?

I use following laptop computers as well.

 - MacOS 10.9.5 on MacBook Air 13-inch, Mid 2011
 - Windows 10 on Lenovo X260

Laptop computers without mouse are common.  I wonder if unusable on
laptop computers without mouse beats inconvenience on desktop
computers with mouse.

No matter who has a priority, it is good to have the tips in Info for
those who think Emacs scrolls too fast.