Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:29:13 +0200

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 4:47 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:22:36 +0000
>>
>>  mouse-wheel-scroll-amount '(1 ((shift) . 5) ((control) . nil))
>>  mouse-wheel-progressive-speed nil
>>
>> FWIW, I like the suggested default change too. I anyways had the progressive
>> speed set to nil in my config.
>
> It is strange that you-all say that, while for me the defaults work
> quite well.
>
> If you turn the wheel one click, does text scroll by 5 lines or by
> more?
>  I get exactly 5 lines, which looks to me a much better default
> than have it scroll by just one line.

I also get a 5-line scroll with the default settings, which is a bit
faster than what I'm used to.  I've just tested another text editor
(notepad++) which has a 3-line scroll per "wheel step", and it feels
better to me.

Anyway, what makes the default settings unusable for me (and for any
people in my workplace which has tried to scroll one buffer in Emacs)
is the progressive speed.   IMO, that feature should be turned off by
default, definitely.

--
Dani Moncayo