Re: debbugs-gnu-bugs doesn't honor debbugs-gnu-default-packages

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs-gnu-bugs doesn't honor debbugs-gnu-default-packages
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 21:11:20 +0100

Tino Calancha <address@hidden> writes:

> [Forwarded because i used the wrong e-mail address included in
> debbugs-gnu package.  Maybe good occasion to update it :) ]

Thanks for the hint; I've updated.

> Hi Michael,

Hi Tino,

> Command `debbugs-gnu-bugs' doesn't honor `debbugs-gnu-default-packages'.
> The addition of new packages in the bug tracker makes this command less
> convenient.  Sure, some people might want to see all bugs; but package
> maintainers probably prefer that this command just list the newest bugs
> against the package they are maintaining.

This is a deficiency only if you apply it for a range of bugs, say "the
last 10 bugs" or "all bugs between 23000 and 24000". Otherwise, it
behaves as expected.

`debbugs-gnu-bugs' is an Elisp function implementing the SOAP interface
function newest_bugs, see <http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface>.
No other filters are applied.

> If it's hard to make `debbugs-gnu-bugs' follow `debbugs-gnu-default-packages'
> maybe we should add a new command to provide such functionality i.e.,
> to list the newest bugs filled against a package in
> `debbugs-gnu-default-packages'.
>
> I don't know how to implement this.  Any advice would be much
> appreciated.

We could extend `debbugs-gnu' for this. The back side is, that we could
decide client side only. That means, we retrieve all bugs which match
`debbugs-gnu-default-packages', but show then only the bugs "between
23000 and 24000". This is suboptimal in terms of performance.

Let me think about.