Re: Build failure on Windows

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Build failure on Windows
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 13:38:18 -0800

martin rudalics wrote:
I don't know where to go from here.  In the past two weeks I
bootstrapped more often than in the past five years.  And if I'm not
mistaken others experienced the same problem.

One possible improvement in this area is to use GNU Make's Automake-like features instead of using Automake. This should simplify the gnulib.mk business and should cause breakages to be less likely when the build procedure changes. We already assume GNU Make, so this should not introduce build dependencies. I mentioned this in January when we had similar build problems with macOS, but never got around to doing it. I'll try to bump the priority of this. See:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-01/msg00097.html