Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:06:23 -0400

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:38 AM, raman <address@hidden> wrote:
Another thought re contact  management -- LDAP support in Emacs has been
hard to configure -- EUCD fell by the wayside for nearly 10 years, and
ldapsearch.el only supported older versions of LDAP. About a year or
more ago there was some work done on EUDC, but getting EUDC to talk to
various LDAP servers is still somewhat  of a black art --- and this gets
worse when encountering LDAP servers that have security configured
---it's a complete mystery as to how to set up authentication. Getting
some of this abstracted away by wrolo would make it a really nice
front-end -- especially if one could achieve consistency across LDAP and BBDB.

This could be done, though authentication these days is always a bit difficult.
We would need a test LDAP server though and corporate sponsorship for  such work
wouldn't be a bad idea either :-)  I will add it to the new feature wishlist for now as a
good idea.

See this wiki page for EUDC status:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EUDC

Bob