Re: Processed: Re: bug#19717: 24.4.50; printing.el still uses ps-eval-sw

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Processed: Re: bug#19717: 24.4.50; printing.el still uses ps-eval-switch
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 05:44:22 +0300

> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:51:32 -0700
>
> > Doing a hard refresh forces Firefox to bypass its cache; but ideally,
> > debbugs should respond correctly to Firefox' queries and indicate that
> > the page was in fact modified.
>
> Yes, the bug is clearly on the debbugs side here. That being said, the
> workaround is to use a shift-reload, which causes Firefox to specify
> "cache-control: no"in its request, which in turn causes debbugs to
> recalculate the page.

The bug seems to be that the removal of a closed bug from the blockers
list takes several hours, which is much more than one can be
reasonably expect to wait.  For example, one bug was closed yesterday
6.5 hours before I got to refreshing the list, and then just clicking
the refresh icon showed the updated list.  By contrast, explicitly
removing a bug from the list by a debbugs command results in an
instant update that doesn't need any workarounds.

That said, all this thread is a tempest in a teapot, because adding a
bug to the list (if it becomes open again) takes just a few moments.