Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 20:23:26 -0400

  > The answer _might_ be the same each time.  Or it might be the
  > same _most_ times.  The point is to give a user the chance to
  > _decide whether_ to be asked each time.  Some users might not
  > want to be asked each time.

How many times a day is a person likely to report an Emacs bug?  Is
there anyone who reports bugs at an average rate of even one bug per
day?  I doubt it.

Saving a person an unwanted question at such rare intervals is not
worth enough to matter.

The two things that do matter are

* Privacy.
* Reporting more of the possibly useful data.

The balance between these will vary, so it makes
sense to ask the user to judge it each time.

--
Dr Richard Stallman