Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 19:34:30 +0000

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:18 PM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
I think most of that information should be moved to attached files (so
we don't waste the time scrolling bug reports every time, at least in
the debbugs web interface).

Please, no. Making those as attachments will totally break the flow that I and few? others use to send the bug reports.

I create the report in emacs, C-x h M-w and then paste that in Gmail to send out the email. I go through that inconvenience because I cannot send out emails from my emacs machine (more detail: I copy the text from emacs running in linux on a VNC server into windows to email via Gmail). If now part of the email is attachment, moving the attachment too via the VNC would become very inconvenient.

This idea might be getting out of hand.. but how about have the body in org/outline format? Then we can conveniently collapse sections, mark sections to copy/delete, etc.

Kaushal Modi