Re: Seeking a "Patch Champion"

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Seeking a "Patch Champion"
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:24:20 +0300

On 04/26/2016 05:30 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

I'm ready to go with whatever solution our champions prefer to use. If
debbugs-as-a-patch-tracker works better for Eli, Dmitry and Nicolas, we'll use
debbugs and disable the Patchwork server. Or if Patchwork aids their workflow,
I'll keep it running for however long they want to use it.

Between Scylla and Charybdis, eh? :)

I'm glad to
hear from Dmitry that this has been happening less of late.

I may simply have a narrow-ish area of interest, though. The kind of patches that might fall through the crash are likely targeting an area without an active maintainer.

An active patch herder might manage those in Patchwork, but as long as they are submitted to the bug tracker, they won't be lost (even if no one is actively reviewing them).

Though of course it would be much better if the bug tracker assigned a tag "patch" to such bug reports automatically.