Re: NS port horizontal scroll-bars

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: NS port horizontal scroll-bars
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:07:32 +0100

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 08:27:35PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

> > It's actually the other end of the process that I'm struggling
> > with. I write pixel values for dragging the scroll-bar into an
> > emacs_event struct (location of mouse in scroll-bar and total length
> > of scroll-bar), and when that data pops back out in scroll-bar.el it
> > doesn't seem to be any use to the standard scroll-bar functions.
>
> Ah, that reminds me of something.  You can see how the Mac port
> handles that (in the `work' branch based on Emacs 25.0.93 pretest).

<snip code>

That's cracked it! Thanks! I've now got the horizontal scroll bar
working with the standard handler.

> The Mac port (and its predecessors) has been using the standard
> toolkit scroll bar handler in scroll-bar.el as it is, and there has
> been no problem even in the old OS X versions having the directional
> arrows.

I'm none-the-wiser as to why the NS port is using a custom handler
then. I've discovered that it's got a bug where scrolling an
unselected window also scrolls the selected window if they're
displaying the same buffer.

I'm feeling inclined towards trying to get rid of the custom handler
altogether.
--
Alan Third