Re: Build failure for Emacs master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure for Emacs master
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:19:54 +0300

> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 09:06:03 -0700
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I am suspicious of copy-file. Why does it copy files possibly in text
> mode on MS-Windows

No, we set the mode to be binary by default in emacs_open, if text
isn't explicitly requested:

  int
  emacs_open (const char *file, int oflags, int mode)
  {
    int fd;
    if (! (oflags & O_TEXT))
    oflags |= O_CLOEXEC;
    while ((fd = open (file, oflags, mode)) < 0 && errno == EINTR)
      QUIT;

(Emacs on Windows always used binary mode by default, it's just that
we changed the implementation of that lately: instead of setting the
global variable _fmode, we now conceal that in emacs_open.)