Re: -Wall

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: -Wall
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:46:45 +0300

> From: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:16:02 +0000
>
>  I'm very much in favor of addressing and eliminating all warnings on as many
>  platforms as possible.
>
> That'll be a challenge. When I compile with clang -Weverything, I get ~90,000
> warnings.

I don't even think it's a worthy use of our resources.  C compilers
move towards more and more noisy defaults, so the real challenge is to
come up with a set of switches that produce a high enough
signal-to-noise ratio.  I'm not saying that the current default is
that sweet spot, but -Wall, let alone -Weverything, is certainly not
it.