Re: master 0695108 2/2: Revert "Add `r'/`l' grep command history command

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 0695108 2/2: Revert "Add `r'/`l' grep command history commands"
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 21:51:02 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> The master branch, while intended for Emacs 26, isn't open for new
> features without some discussion beforehand.

There's been a bit of back and forth on that issue, hasn't there?  I
think the argument last time was that either is master open for
development, or it's not.  Realistically, Emacs 26 isn't going to be
released until late 2017 (and that's being kinda optimistic).

I seem to recall that the conclusion to the last round of this debate
(and there's been a few) was that master is open for development of new
features.  Without doing coordination for every single bit of these
small, non-invasive things.