Re: Move to a cadence release model?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Move to a cadence release model?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:28:01 -0800

> With a new master at the helm and various changes being contemplated I would
> like to see some discussion of moving to a cadence release model.

Hi John,

I haven't worked under an Agile regime before; can you describe what you think
this would look like for Emacs development in particular?

I have used the "Git flow" model in the past to good ends. It too could have
avoided the "long pause" between 24.5 and 25.1, and the necessity of
periodically freezing master before a release.

John