Re: On the popularity of git

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: On the popularity of git
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:49:54 +0200

On 11/03/2015 03:43 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

 > 40 msg/day would be ridiculously high for this subscriber.

That's messages, not threads, so a few threads to silence if they
disturb you.

The "silence thread" feature in my email client does not work nicely enough. And it's a popular one (Thunderbird).

 > If you silence the threads, you miss the issues.

If you push them to other lists, so do you. I don't read gnu-emacs-help,
for example.

So people would have to bring these issues separately on emacs-devel, or file proper bug reports. Oh horror.

 > I'd like to urge everyone now to recall the "looking for the new
maintainer" thread, and the low number of volunteers.

Which is unrelated to this list's traffic, and more related to the
vagueness of the job's description and the scarcity of suitable developers.

It's related to your response. I wouldn't take a maintainer position where everyone feels free to second-guess me on trivial decisions.