Re: On the popularity of git

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: On the popularity of git
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:38:39 +0200

On 11/03/2015 03:30 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

Sorry, but I find this argument less than compelling. emacs-devel has
less than 40 msg/day, which  is low.

40 msg/day would be ridiculously high for this subscriber.

Anyone who dislikes wandering
threads can silence them. And wandering threads often come back to Emacs
issues.

If you silence the threads, you miss the issues.

Seriously, using a different mailing list is not that hard. Keeping on topic is a good practice.

 > I again request that the members of this thread take the discussion
elsewhere,
 > among themselves. It is not needed here in emacs-devel.

I disagree.

I'd like to urge everyone now to recall the "looking for the new maintainer" thread, and the low number of volunteers.