Re: Calling (package-initialize) sooner during initialization

From: raman
Subject: Re: Calling (package-initialize) sooner during initialization
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:26:20 -0700

This is a useful trick. I've set the value of custom-file early in my
.emacs so custom writes its bits somewhere else.  I'm very uncomfortable
with the way custom works -- in the past couple of years, I've had to
restore  the .custom file from git because something in emacs corrupted
the file. I've never been able to track down the root cause -- so I find
anything that goes off to touch custom settings early on fairly disconcerting.