Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 18:35:27 +0300

> Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 15:32:57 +0200
> From: Harald Hanche-Olsen <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> > Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> It also requires to use at least one more command ("git merge"),
> >
> > Yup. However, you will not encounter any difficulties arising from this
> > that you do't already encounter with “git pull”.
>
> To be specific, this is the workflow I had in mind:

Thanks.  The recommended workflow with branches is already described
on the Wiki, here:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GitForEmacsDevs

Feel free to suggest improvements for that, but other than that, I
think one workflow with branches should be enough for an introduction;
after that, people should find their own ways.