Re: Good book on Git

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Good book on Git
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:38:19 -0500

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 11:17:33 -0500 Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
wrote:
>   > BTW, it is more of a textbook than a manual.
>
> Please don't think that "manual" means "terse reference that is not
> useful as an introduction".

Sure, but it usually implies comprehensive listings of features,
command line flags, etc, and this doesn't. The book does not stand
alone without the man pages etc.

> Who wrote it?  Is there any chance of persuading per to free it?

Scott Chacon and Ben Straub wrote it. I don't know either of them,
but you can contact them through the web site.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden