Re: eww as a package?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: eww as a package?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 22:29:06 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Thanks for the explanation.  I think it's then just a matter of finding
>>> someone willing to maintain it as an external package.
>
> NF> I might have a crack.
>
> Shouldn't Lars, the author, have a say?

Well...  I think eww is unlikely to work very well as an ELPA package
since it's written for the Emacs trunk in mind.  I doubt it would even
work on Emacs 24.4 due to using stuff like `when-let'.  Or did that make
it into Emacs 24.4?

Anyway, maintaining a package that's supposed to work over a large range
of Emacs versions is an quite different thing than just targeting one
single build.  If someone wants to try to maintain an eww "port", that's
fine by me, but I'm not going to change the "ooh! shiny!" implementation
style in shr or eww.