Re: Referring to revisions in the git future.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Referring to revisions in the git future.
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:14:37 +0100

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> At any rate, that's not an on-site resource for somebody having
>> installed a full copy of Emacs.  One of the main points of a distributed
>> version control system is the ability to work offline.
>>
>> "There is some instruction somewhere on the Internet" is not a
>> sufficient excuse for leaving Emacs without any resources pointing out
>> the desired workflow for Emacs developers.
>>
>> If "the wiki" is an authoritive source for the workflow of Emacs
>> developers, it means that anybody who wants to can tell the Emacs
>> developers how to do their work.
>
> You may be right. But this is not a git transition issue.

[...]

Let me summarize this discussion:

Richard: I'd like to see problem X solved eventually
Eric: problem X is solved already
David: no, it isn't
Eric: well, but it can be solved eventually rather than now

To me it looks like you are prone to spend a lot of time and energy
chasing off straw men.  Part of that might come from considering
yourself to be the only person with any amount of intelligence around.
But that's not an actually workable hypothesis: if you were the only
person with any intelligence around, you'd not have sufficient time for
solving all of the world's problems anyway.

--
David Kastrup