Re: Referring to revisions in the git future.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Referring to revisions in the git future.
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:44:54 +0200

> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:56:29 -0400
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
> > > Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:32:58 -0400
> > > From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
> > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden

> > > The wiki describes it in detail.
> >
> > Yes, it does.  And no, that's not the "workflow" I alluded to.
>
> Can you be more specific about what problem needs solving, then?

I already did that, in the discussion that started here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-01/msg00790.html

See especially the last bullet.

Given the negative (to say the least) reaction to what I said back
then, I have absolutely no motivation to talk about that any more.  I
guess we all will discover in due time "who is right and who is dead".