Re: Org merging [was Re: next pretest]

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Org merging [was Re: next pretest]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:43:39 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca> writes:
> That's just because your definition of "bleeding edge" is different.

Preventively, I'm claiming Humtpy-Dumpty privileges.  I thought the
development projects get to decide what their bleeding edge is.

> I don't know the specifics, so I just used it to refer to the tarballs
> that we get from orgmode.org, which have no release version but
> a date instead.

If that's your problem then it can be changed easily enough.  The current
naming scheme is only in place to provide a continuing stream of increasing
version numbers to fit in with earlier releases of Org as a package.
Changing that would require manual intervention from the user to force the
"downgrade" of Org once and we wanted to avoid that.

I'd still have to check if package.el deals correctly with a package name of

orgmode-8.2.7c-39-ge112f3c

though.

Regards,
Achim.