Re: new package?

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: new package?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 01:46:02 +0400

Hi Tassilo,

On 18/07/2014 01:10 +0400, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> It seems like it's a bit too specialized to your own habits to be useful
> in general.  I assume you have a file organized using outline mode with
> lots of handy shell snippets you regularly use, and then it's surely
> convenient to you.

Oh yes, I have such a file (it's in outline mode but it doesn't have to
be for this command).  If there are few lines and they depend on each
other than that goes to a separate script file and one-liners (or
multiple independent commmands) I run directly.  I agree that's
specialized a bit, that's why I asked here.

> The same could be done with org-mode and its org-babel library that
> already come with emacs, and then you're not restricted to one-liners
> and you can use other languages than your shell, too.
>
> Have a look at its documentation, especially these sections:
>
>   (info "(org)Working with source code")
>   (info "(org)Evaluating code blocks")
>   (info "(org)Library of Babel")

Thanks!  I'll definitely check it when I get to org-mode :) I don't have
enough tasks for it to solve for me now, so I was kind of avoiding it..

--

    Filipp