Re: new package?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: new package?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:10:18 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Filipp,

> I wrote this little function:
> https://github.com/fgunbin/sandbox/blob/master/exekit/exekit.el , I
> could add it as an elpa package, but it seems to me there are too few
> lines for a package :)
>
> What do you think?

It seems like it's a bit too specialized to your own habits to be useful
in general.  I assume you have a file organized using outline mode with
lots of handy shell snippets you regularly use, and then it's surely
convenient to you.

The same could be done with org-mode and its org-babel library that
already come with emacs, and then you're not restricted to one-liners
and you can use other languages than your shell, too.

Have a look at its documentation, especially these sections:

  (info "(org)Working with source code")
  (info "(org)Evaluating code blocks")
  (info "(org)Library of Babel")

Bye,