Re: Trunk still not open

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:45:20 -0400

We currently need to finish updating the doc w.r.t the NEWS file, but as
Glenn points out, the remaining entries are being done IIUC and probably
not that easy.

The next thing we need is to proofread the manual.  We always have a lot
of trouble finding people to do that, so help would be greatly
appreciated in this regard.

Here's how to do it:
1- pick a chapter in the Emacs or Elisp manual.
2- read the chapter, paying particular attention to parts that could be
   affected by the changes in 24.4 (need to read the NEWS file for
   that).
3- tell us which chapter you've read, along with any
   comments/fixes/questions you may have about it.

We keep track (in admin/FOR-RELEASE) of which chapter has been reviewed
(and by whom).  Currently, this still has the data for 24.3 (where you
can see that Yidong and Glenn did all the work: shame on the rest of
us), so really, no chapter has been proofread yet.

        Stefan