Re: Freezing frameset-restore

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Freezing frameset-restore
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 19:16:46 +0100

>> Why the term "restored" here and not "reused"?
>
> "Restored frames" describes (or tries to) all frames that are the
> result of restoration, that is, reused frames and new ones (created
> specifically to be restored upon).
>
> Please suggest a better wording, my brain has an overdose of the words
> "frame", "window", "restore" and "reuse" and cannot think straight.

Still IMO in

    :delete  Delete all frames that weren't restored.  This is the default.

a "frame that was not restored" refers to a frame stored in a past
session or configuration.  But IIUC you mean here a frame that existed
in the current session or configuration just before you started to
restore frames and you were not able to use profitably.  At least use
"restored upon" instead.

>> IIUC "cleanup" means to take care of frames that were not "reused".
>
> No, the meaning of CLEANUP is to take care of all frames. It just that
> most of the time, reused and created frames will be left alone. But...
>
>> understand that we should take care of "rejected" or "ignored" frames.
>> But why care about "reused" and "created" ones?
>
> ...what if you want to iconify all restored frames too, or just count
> them and do something about it?

Then CLEANUP is too narrow.  Maybe something like POST-RESTORE (which
clearly isn't a good term either) to emphasize that it does _not only_
deal with frames that were rejected or ignored.

martin