documentation on how to add packages to ELPA?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: documentation on how to add packages to ELPA?
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:08:47 -0600

Is there any documentation on how to add packages to ELPA?

I've looked in Emacs 24.3 package.el,
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ELPA, http://elpa.gnu.org/

package.el talks about creating a tar file, but doesn't say where to
put/send that tar file.

The wiki has a reference to a short gmane mailing list discussion of
ELPA policy, which mentions sending email to a couple people, but that's
pretty old so I'm wondering if it is up to date.

There has been mention here of packages in ELPA being automatically
updated somehow; where is that documented?

I'd like to add Ada mode 5.0 to ELPA, but I don't understand how to go
about doing that.

--
-- Stephe