Re: maintain flymake.el

From: Sebastian Wiesner
Subject: Re: maintain flymake.el
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:31:46 +0100

2013/12/14 Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden>:
> I hope to finish the document by tomorrow evening, and will come back
> if it's done.

I have completed the document now.  The final version is to be found
at https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck/wiki/Flycheck-versus-Flymake.
It's a thorough write-up of the differences and similarities between
Flycheck and Flymake, and probably also a comprehensive summary of the
current issues and weaknesses in Flymake.

Again, it's probably unfairly biased towards Flycheck.  I tried my
best to be neutral, but I consider Flycheck superior and think that
the design and implementation of Flymake are somewhat broken, so I may
have failed to properly account for Flymake's features and strengths.
Please excuse this, and feel free to correct any mistakes I may have
made.

Please also suggest improvements, such as additional aspects which
should be covered, or report issues, such as missing details in the
comparsion.

I hope you find it sufficient to answer your questions.