Re: trunk r115472: Make 'configure' work out-of-the-box on Solaris.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: trunk r115472: Make 'configure' work out-of-the-box on Solaris.
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:44:29 +0200

> Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:12:11 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> How about libgif, libpng, libjpeg, and libxpm?

I thunk libxpm should be essential, as it is needed for color icons
(toolbar etc.).  And if you build with GTK, I'm quite sure you will
get libpng whether you want it or not.  Same for librsvg (which you
didn't mention) -- it pulls in at least libpng, and can also require
others, depending on how it was configured when built.

So my suggestion would be to make at least libxpm and libpng
essential.