Re: [RFC] Micro-Init files in GNU ELPA

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [RFC] Micro-Init files in GNU ELPA
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:49:54 +0900

Tom Tromey writes:

 > Stefan> For the single-file packages, we don't yet have a way to provide any
 > Stefan> Texinfo manual.
 >
 > I think there's no real reason to.  If you have multiple files, make a
 > multi-file package.  I think it isn't that hard; and in any case an
 > alternative scheme seems like it would have to be at least as
 > complicated.

IWBNI we had a package containing all the Info docs (maybe even
including Emacs core docs -- MacPorts, for example, doesn't install
the lispref).  Then people could install that package and have the
best available information about packages they haven't installed yet.
It would have to be treated specially since it would probably
duplicate docs that other packages want to install.