Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:50:39 +0000 (UTC)

martin rudalics <rudalics <at> gmx.at> writes:
> We could enter/leave the selection list at the top and do everything
> else exactly like in browser but for the fact that the list is drawn
> above the minibuffer.

Actually, this is exactly what the browser does if the completion list
cannot be show below the url field.

Try making your browser window very small by pulling its top to the
bottom, so that the url field is at the bottom of the screen. You can
also simply move the whole browser window down, so the url field is
at the bottom of the screen and the rest of the browser window is
outside of the screen if your window manager allows it.

If you start typing an url with this setup then the completion popup is
shown above the url field, instead of below it. (Tested on Windows
with Firefox.)