Re: APL mode

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: APL mode
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:48:21 +0100

On 26/10/13 17:48, Rustom Mody wrote:

Hey David you're a whiz!

hah, well, thanks. I'm really not when it comes to xkb in particular though, I rapidly devolve to trial-and-error.

Some problems are there:
in this mode now Alt-x gives me:
M-⊃ is undefined
[x maps to ⊃ !!]

Yes, I think you really want -option "grp:switch"

Then (I think) you'll have to hold down RAlt to type the apl character (more like a traditional apl keyboard really), but you can still just hit M-x with LAlt-x

More important I cant seem to find a '3rd level' -- note the standard
apl layout needs upto 4 characters from a key. ie in addition to the
usual ASCII and upcase ASCII there could be two more

You just selected a pretty basic one I think, try e.g.

setxkbmap -layout "us,apl(sax)" -option "grp:switch"

Then try ralt+letter vs. ralt+shift+letter...

`1234567890-=
qwertyuiop[]
asdfghjkl;'\
zxcvbnm,./