Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:30:48 +0300

> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:35:37 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > What, you mean neither of the display corruptions happen with the
>  > above breakpoint active?  Then it sounds like we have some timing or
>  > race condition problems, and debugging this will be very hard indeed.
>
> Debugging this way extremely slows down movement in the menu.

Yes, but it's unclear to me why should this change the phenomenon.

>  > Let's try to see the problem from the other end.  Please do:
>  >
>  >   M-x open-termscript RET SOME-FILE RET
>  >
>  > then hit F10, type C-n and/or C-p several times, make sure the problem
>  > happens, then exit Emacs and then post SOME-FILE.
>
> Attached as ts.txt.

It looks like we are completely delusional in what we write.  I will
need to think about this some more.

>  > (Btw, this warrants a bug filed long ago.  So please do, and let's
>  > continue there.)
>
> I'm already quite confused with the present TTY threads

The only one that is still active is this one.  There's a sufficient
amount of information posted here to make it unwise to continue here.